Posts tagged Start Family
Posts tagged Start Family
Not that I will complete all of them. I’m not calling it a bucket list because, well, obviously if you want to do something, you usually have the desire to do it whilst alive.
Some of these are newer and some are things I’ve wanted to do for a long time. There isn’t really a particular order to things. Odds are I will continually add on to it.
~ Shave my head.
- I have basically wanted to do this since I was little and saw the preview for G.I. Jane, but when I asked my mom at about age 9, she said no more quickly than she blinked. Now I still want to, but I just don’t know if I have the facial structure to pull it off.
~ Sing for an audience…
- Other than my family at my grandfathers house or elementary school choir performances. Really I just lack the confidence in my abilities. I’ve been practicing my whole life, but I just dunno if I am actually any good.
~ Learn to play musical instruments.
- Mostly guitar and keyboard. I dunno how to read music really and I’ve been tinkering with both since I was little, I just never had anyone try and teach me in any other way than trying to read music. So, now I am coming across alternative learning techniques, like tabs and such. Did I ever mention that I get impatient and just want music to come out of the darn things?!
~ Get a tattoo.
- Tops on my list are Australia and London.
~ Write and shoot a horror film.
- This one comes mostly from when I lived in AZ and there was a heavy rain one evening (man, it doesn’t happen often, but when it rains in Tempe, AZ it pours), I had probably watched a horror film at some point that day, but all I could keep picturing was running after someone in the rain… with a camera, duh. Of course, I know it wouldn’t be that easy. I’d need to learn how to properly film something so it didn’t look like crap, not to mention having at least a semi original script.
~ Have a family.
~ Put some of my photography into some kind of exhibit.
~ Get my business license.
- And start my photo business up.
~ Finish a drawing.
- I am, and always have been, notorious for starting drawings, walking away, and never coming back to them. I think part of it is fear that if I start something good and come back to it, the rest of it wont have the same quality, but then again if I don’t finish it, the rest of it has no quality… I also, hate coming back to a different pencil or different side of the pencil so the lines don’t match up. One day, I will finish something good.
~ Write at least 1 poem or short story that isn’t depressing, but is still good.
- I have a ton and a half of poetry that I wrote at a particularly harsh time in my life, and while good (and some a bit lengthy), its all really depressing. That’s just how my life was at the time. I tried, even back then to write ‘happier’, but it all came out cheesy and lacked realness. It was forced. I dunno where to pull this authentic feeling of good from without it being awful yet, though.
~ Audition for something.
- Anything really. Singing. Dancing. Acting. We’ve been over my confidence issue with singing. I know I can dance, but I don’t think myself particularly amazing. And I took drama in high school, but the whole speaking in public thing kills me. And, I can kind of technically say I’ve done this, but I don’t count it. *Little known fact: I auditioned for South Pacific at Leigh and didn’t make it. I suppose I should add *and get a part* to that…
~ Get a book published.
- Whether it be poetry, short stories, a childrens’ book, a book of photography, or a novel. I want to write something. I want people to read it. I don’t quite think I want it to be completely autobiographical though… I’m not very interesting and my life hasn’t, yet, been particularly filled with unicorns.
~ Fly somewhere, on a whim, by myself.
- This kinda ties in with travel, but its also not a trip I would necessarily need to go to my top choice places on. I want this to be semi spontaneous and I want those to be more planned.
… To Be Continued (Mostly cuz my brain is starting to turn to mush)